Banana Chocolate chip bread - VEGAN!
What do we love more than banana bread? Vegan banana bread with chocolate chips!
This cake was served to us in Aruba one stressful (as stressful as a day in paradise can get) day at work. A yoga teacher from the island came by and served us this slice of heaven and saved our day and we got her to scribble down the recipe after the first bite. Enjoy!
Pre-heat the oven to 150 celsius or 300 Fahrenheit.
- 5 bananas - mash the f*ck out of them (yes she literally wrote that)
- 2 handful of dates, chopped
- 1 pinch of cinnamon (as we are BIG fans of cardamon and shredded coconut we added some of that to)
- Grated lemon zest from one lemon
- 1 cup of orange juice OR almond milk
- 3 cups of oatmeal
- 1 cup of dark chocolate nibs or your favourite chocolate (we usually do like 1-2 cups of chocolate, so don't be afraid to eeh improvise)
Mix it all in a mixer and pout the batter into a baking pan, preferably a rectangular one and place in the oven for 30-35 minutes, et voila, you have got yourself a vegan banana bread baby!